It provides firm and textured sensory feedback when rolled up and down the finger. It is touted to have remedial benefit, stimulating acupressure points & assisting with circulation. These are stretchy but firm.
It is particularly good for those that pick and bite as the 'bitey' sensation stimulates in a similar way without the harm. Comes in 8 colours & both as singles or sets of 5 & 8.
We affectionately refer to this one as the “coriander of fidgets” - you either love or hate this one.
Check out its “big brother” wrist spikey.
Some ways to use the spikey...
- Roll up & down the finger. It can be rolled using the same hand or alternate hand.
- Rub between two palms
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget
- Place on finger & twist around using thumb (similar to a 'Chinese burn') applying varying degrees of pressure-dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self-harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
Please note if wearing the spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it is not compromising circulation.
You can slightly stretch the metal, working around it to create a looser feel if preferred. Needs to be done bit by bit and section by section to create an even stretch. (See video). Please note once stretched it cannot be un stretched.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
Not suitable for children under three years old.
Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. The Kaiko Wrist & Finger Spikey Fidgets are one of our most popular fidgets for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self regulation.
It is made of a powder coated metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible.
It is an ideal fidget for those who pick at their skin, fingernails and clothing.
We have had amazing feedback regarding this tool. Especially for those who live with anxiety. We have had particularly good feedback from those who pick or self-harm. Indeed, we have had customers who’ve bought the wrist spikey fidget from us and told us it has been the best tool as it provides 'ouch' without damaging the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
The Kaiko Spikey helps with self regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours.
We have also had a number of customers report it being helpful in reducing pain, swelling & disturbed sensation in fingers. Please consult your treating clinician regarding their use for your specific condition.
- Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Includes storage container
- Range of sizes
- Expandable carbon steel metal material.
- The metal is highly durable but can be over stretched if used not in accordance with its typical use by rigorous stretching. It is not meant to be pulled significantly so may not suit some that like to pull things apart. It will not recover if over stretched.
The spikey material is not designed to be over stretched/ over extended using both hands. If overstretched it will become out of shape and not return to its original form. Thus, not suitable for those that like to pull at things with two hands, like to pull things apart or generally like to test limits of products.